The struggle is all too real. Whether it is a shopping expedition for clothes and shoes or furniture, a big and tall man is bound to come back home sad two out of five times. The market for this particular niche is not so well developed.
Thankfully, furniture makers have been thoughtful enough to have included them when designing their furniture. If you are a big man, then look no further for recommendations, for they are all here.
Every person deserves the best recliner!
Whether you are big because you weigh more or because you are taller than average, there is no excuse for you not to own a recliner! Every person deserves the comfort that only a recliner can give.
If searching for the best recliners for big and tall men has ever posed a problem for you, here is a helpful list of the best that you can buy yourself this year.
We cannot stop thinking of Mega Motion MM1950LT!
That eye candy has impressed us so much that we cannot seem to overcome it presently.
Apart from sterling features such as the quiet power lift and the sturdy construction that uses the best material, a zoned heating system can also be added at extra cost.
The fabric upholstery is also way above the mark.
In all, it is one where every dollar spent is worth its value in gold.
The Best Recliners For Big & Tall Man Reviews 2023
Mega Motion MM – 1950LT (Tall Man) Power Lift Recliner Chair – The Best Buy
A superb power-lift reclining chair with a whopping capacity of 350 pounds.
This power lift recliner chair with a high backrest and comfortable padded footrest is here on the top of our charts for a reason.
The excellent quality and finish of the product, along with feature-rich specs, is something that you always wanted but didn’t know if something like this could even exist!
The maximum weight capacity is pegged conservatively at 350 pounds, and the height allowance is comfortably within the range of 5 feet 10 inches up to 6 feet and 6 inches!
We are completely sure that this is the best recliner for a tall man on the market today. Test it at your retailer today.
- Equipped with power lift
- Whisper-quiet operation
- Can be set in three easy reclining positions
- User range: Weight – up to 350 pounds; Height – 5’10” to 6’6”
- Chaise pad construction
- Head-to-toe support
- Slide glide extension of the footrest
- The footrest can be operated with a remote too
- Furniture-grade wood used
- Heavy-duty steel lift mechanism in the footrest
- Integrated battery
- Power backup in case of emergency power failure
- USB port to charge batteries of phones, laptops, and tablet PCs
- Spacious side pocket t store books, magazines, and other paraphernalia
- The price is a little too steep to be able to afford it.
This awesome power lift recliner comes with a year’s warranty on parts and services and a limited lifetime guarantee on the steel frame in the footrest.
Mega Motion Easy Comfort Lounge Recliner – The Gargantuan Recliner
Mega Motion Large Heavy Duty Power Electric Lift and Recline 3 Position Lift Chair Recliner for bigger users up to 500 lbs
A superior three-position heavy-duty huge-size recliner chair that will become your favorite.
This brilliantly full-sized reclining chair is just what you want when you want to call it a day after some hardworking grind. The heavy-duty tag is no coincidence, but every part of it spells comfort and durability.
Whether it is the furniture-grade wood that is used or the best-quality of steel lift frame, everything is covered under warranty. Their customer support is very responsive, and you will never repent getting this one home.
It comes in four lovely colors, including two earthy tones and a blue and green. Bring home a class that is beautifully paired with quality for creating much more beautiful memories.
- Superior quality
- Three positions: 1. Not reclining/sitting 2. Mild reclining 3. Fully reclining
- The capacity of a whopping 500 pounds
- Four beautiful colors
- Large sized
- Power lift along with remote controls
- Emergency backup in case of power failure
- Easy smooth and quiet operation
- Polyester knit fabric upholstery
- Large-sized and may not fit into smaller doors with curbside deliveries.
The chaise pad and the high backrest are a great addition to the other super-rich features.
ANJ Chair Recliner Contemporary Theater Recliner – The Classiest In Town
Easy assembly and Heavy Duty – Simple side latch simultaneously lifts Leg Rest and Reclines backrest. Easy to assemble with a sturdy hardwood frame that fits through doors 30 Or wider. Its max weight capacity is about 300lbs which can safely load your weight and ensure your safety while working
A contemporary theatre-type recliner with two cup holders.
We all time, keep scouting for furniture that will not be style specific. Don’t we? The idea that you need to keep redoing your house is inherent in a way that you feel a little change in the position of the furniture does a great deal of good for your nerves.
This is precisely why we feel this ANJ home recliner is going to go well with your style.
It is such a versatile piece that whether your home has a contemporary, traditionally rustic, or modern décor, this will fit in as if it is meant to belong!
- Theatre style
- Comes with two cup holders
- Four lovely colors
- Classic design- Clean and casual style
- Complements any décor
- Durable & Comfortable
- Wood and steel combination
- Features stain-resistant PU leather
- The backrest can be adjusted from 110 degrees to 145 degrees
- Thick cushioning
- Easy to assemble
- Has a side latch
- Supports 300 pounds of weight
- The weight allowance feels low for a big-sized recliner.
This brilliant recliner comes with a three years limited warranty on all the fixed parts and services and a one-year warranty and after-sales for upholstery.
Homall Padded Seat PU Leather Recliner Chair – The Most Affordable
Double Comfort: Push-back recliner design with adjustable footrest, wider armrests with a curved shape, larger-size seat cushion, thicker recliner back
If you are looking at filling that niche corner in the living room or your library with something super casual but rich looking, then you must know this is the one that you will want.
This super plush recliner chair may look smaller than most big recliners, but with a capacity of holding up well 275 pounds of weight, we think that it is cool to have.
The price is also an advantage because all the selling is done directly through the manufacturer only.
So all the middlemen commissions and profits are cut away, giving you value for every penny that you spend on it.
- Fully padded seat and backrest
- Very comfortable footrest
- Upholstery is made of PU leather
- Living room-style recliner
- Can be kept in the home theatre
- Comes in 6 dynamic colors, including red!
- Made from all high-quality materials
- Easy to clean and maintain
- PU leather is skin-friendly
- Push back type
- Large seat
- Thicker backrest
- Footrest is upgraded
- Made with high-quality steel
- Comes on four sturdy feet
- The weight limitation is too small for a big chair.
The legs are non-marking, and therefore you need not fret that they will mark your floors.
Magic Union Power Lift Massage Recliner – Massage Recliner Chair for Big People
Made of a solid wooden frame and faux leather, cup holders and pockets for putting TV remote or storage things
There are reclining chairs for the big and tall, and then there is Magic Union!
This awesome massaging recliner chair has everything that needs to make you want to come back home. It is particularly advantageous for seniors who have difficulty getting up.
The power lift can push the entire chair framework to form its base, making it a cakewalk for the elderly to get back on their feet.
There are heating and vibrating functions. The heating area is only in the lumbar region, whereas the vibration is all around the backrest. There are five modes of pulse, press, wave, auto, and normal.
Now relax while your legs, thighs, back, and lumbar rejuvenate with a heavenly massage and heat therapy.
- Remote control enabled
- Wheels underneath
- Heating and vibrating functions
- Faux leather upholstery
- Pockets on the sides for storage of remote and other things
- Comes with a detailed manual
- Fully operable with remote control
- Heated lumbar
- Easy to use
- Comes with two remotes
- Thickly padded headrest
- High-quality motor
- Excellent performance
- Longer life
- People who bought it have issues with the fabric used in that it causes sweating and is not skin-friendly at all.
The maximum load capacity is between 330 and 350 pounds, and it is a great catnap option. Seniors are going to find it extremely useful.
Best Recliners for Big and Tall Man – Buyer’s Guide
A list of what you must look for in a best-oversized recliner.
This is the first requisite when choosing any piece of furniture. You may be parked in this for a few minutes to a lot of waking and sleeping hours. The last thing you want to have is aches and pains because of uncomfortable positioning.
– Heavy padding:
Recliners are plusher than chairs and sofas. They need to be heavily padded across the board, the seat, the backrest, and the arms included. The footrest, if padded, adds some brownie points.
– NO compromise on style!
Just because you want a comfortable and padded cushiony recliner, you will not be obliged to compromise on style. A stylish tall man recliner is a reality now. There are so many to choose from.
– It has to be strong and durable:
The recliners have to be designed with big and tall men in mind. We are talking about recliners that will take hold in the range of 350 pounds to 500 pounds. The upholstery must be well-fitted and tight.
Advantages of a Big Recliner
The advantages of a recliner chair over the normal chair and the sofa for tall and big men are obvious.
It reduces body pains.
A recliner is specially designed furniture that lifts your body weight and brings it to a zero-gravity position.
With your foot high up in the air at the level of your heart, the body starts to feel lesser pressure on your joints and muscles, alleviating a lot of discomfort.
The feet- above- the- heart level is also a great position to ensure blood circulation reaches the upper parts of the body optimally.
Sitting with your feet down touching the floor and taking the weight of your body can put a lot of undue pressure on the spine, legs, and feet. A recliner with a plush backrest and seat can ensure adequate support to the spine and bottom, reducing chronic pain.
Here is a quick and useful tutorial on how to buy the perfect measuring recliner for you.
– Measure the dimensions of your body:
Whether you are buying the recliner online or from a brick-and-mortar place, your body measurements will hold you in good stead. If you are purchasing it from a physical store, you have the added advantage of the test using each chair to make sure you are putting your hard-earned money in the right place.
– Make sure that there is no gap between the backrest and the seat where your body can sag in.
– When seated, the feet should rest on the floor flat, not dangling in the air and not extending beyond keeping them flat.
– When in a reclining position, the arms should run the entire length of the armrest and preferably end where your fingers begin.
– The hip should fit right in with an allowance of about one or two inches on both sides.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the measurements that I must take?
Use a measuring tape to measure:
a. Distance from the back of your knee to your heel;
b. Distance from the tailbone to the back of your knee;
c. The distance between the elbow and your palms where the fingers begin and
d. Your hip measurements are from one end to the other.
Armed with these crucial measurements, you are only a few steps away from owning the perfect relaxing chair. Simply follow these tips and tricks.
Is it safe to sleep the night on a recliner?
Doctors across the globe have been recommending a lot of people sleep on a recliner.
- If they have problems lying down on a horizontal bed.
- Pregnant women in their last trimester find it hard to lie down straight and catch some sleep.
- People with acid reflux conditions.
- Patients with respiratory ailments find it easier to sleep in a sitting reclining position.
- People who have recently undergone heart surgery or a knee or spinal reconstruction may find it easier and restful on it.
- Patients with sleep apnoea or breathlessness during sleep.
A word of caution here:
A section of physicians also believes that long and continuous sleeping on the recliners may result in something called knee and hip contractures.
The condition is marked by tightening of the muscles over these areas that can severely limit standing and sitting upright, often affecting balance and an increased risk of falling.
Moderation in using the recliner is thus the key.