Recliners can be such excellent warm additions to any living room. In any room where you have enough space to place a couch, you can easily place a recliner as well.
These also come as single-seat recliners and those with multiple seating in one. Among the many reasons why people pick recliners, the pain-relieving comfort they offer is one.
Therefore, if you are someone who complains of backaches, a cozy recliner is all you need at the end of the day.
Here we have a list of the 5 best recliners for back pain!
Best Recliners For Back Pain Reviews 2023
Homall Recliner Chair Padded Seat PU Leather – Elegant All-Rounder
- Material: High quality pu leather, comfortable...
- Adjustable Recliner: This recliner can be used as...
- Upgraded Footrest: Highly durable steel frame with...
- Maximum Capacity: 265 lbs; Seat height: 17.7 inch;...
- Foot protection: This single recliner is supported...
Made of a sturdy steel frame, this is the recliner you might want to consider if you need something as a long-term investment.
To complement the strength of the frame comes PU leather, which is also water resistant.
If you love to sit on your recliner with your favorite drink, spills and stains would not be a problem with this one. It, thus, poses itself to be a low-maintenance option. The recliner stays free from musty odors and provides a convenient and hygienic spot to lounge.
Armrest positioning is optimal and so are the breadth and padding of these armrests. You can position the backrest at different incline levels as required.
Smooth transition between recline angles and secure hold of the angle are added benefits.
- To protect the floors, the recliner comes with four smooth plastic legs
- The footrest is fully retractable and saves space when not in use
- Controls are prompt and perform the intended tasks effortlessly
- The recliner feels stable in all sitting postures and while leaning as well.
- Doesn’t deliver too much of a plus sophisticated feel.
For users looking for a comfortable recliner with multiple customizable features, this is a durable option.
Esright Massage Recliner Chair – Heated Massage Recliner
- 【5 Relaxing Function】Relax in this wonderful...
- 【Thick Padded, Double Comfort】Soft and sturdy...
- 【Elegant and Friendly Design】2 cup holders and...
- 【Manual Control Massage Recliner】This...
- 【Easy Assembly and Good Customer 】Very easy...
With comfort, practical features, and a sturdy frame, this massage chair has them all. Besides the comfortable recline positions, it also comes with a soothing heat mode and massage functions.
These are useful for those looking for instant back pain relief. There are 4 different massage modes to choose from. Gentle rocking motion complements the massage modes.
PU leather looks posh and feels smooth against the skin. There are storage pockets and other utilitarian additions to complement the looks.
- A durable overall frame delivers safety and longevity
- Twin cup holders on the arms are practical additions
- The headrest carries an excellent padding
- A full 360-degree swivel seat offers the convenience of moving the chair to any position
- The large size makes it unfit for small living rooms
- Manual closing of the footrest feels a little tight for some users
If you have enough space to place a large and comfortable recliner in your room, then this heated massage chair makes a great choice.
FDW Single Reclining Sofa Leather Chair – Great Value For Money
- RECLINE TO UNWIND - The Wingback Recliner chair is...
- FUNCTIONALITY IN DESIGN - The Recliner chair is...
- COMFORT ANYWHERE - With its sophisticated design...
- EASY ASSEMBLY - Install your Recliner sofa in...
- CUSTOMER GUARANTEE – We want all of our...
Easy to install after delivery, this one also comes with user-friendly adjustments. For those picking a recliner for the first time, this makes a great choice.
The stability of the construction shows in the consistent changes it offers. Smooth curves in the design add to the comfort feel. Foot extension and back inclination are all easy to adjust while sitting in the recliner.
A full flat leaning position can be a boon for those with a stiff back. The small size makes it suitable to be placed in a compact corner.
- Elegant looks and sleek design go hand in hand
- Contoured backrest applies pain-relieving pressure
- Easy-to-clean fabric makes it an easy maintenance option
- The solid wood frame extends the life
- Small seating space could be a downside in some homes
- PU fabric on the outside shows wear and tear easily
Are you buying a recliner for the first time and therefore need something affordable and easy to use? Then this one makes an easy option.
HOMCOM Heated Push-Back Massage Recliner – Best in Looks
- RECLINE IN COMFORT AND STYLE: With overstuffed...
- SOOTHING HEATING FUNCTION: A heating function in...
- VIBRATING FUNCTION THROUGHOUT: A total of eight...
- SELECTABLE MODES AND LEVELS: No matter what you'e...
- REMOTE CONTROL AND DRINK HOLDERS: Includes a handy...
At first glance, it is hard to believe that it is a recliner. The vibrant, chic armchair-like design makes it a regal addition to any room.
The sophistication also comes from the choice of luxurious suede upholstery available in many colors.
At the back and waist region, there are massage nodes to deliver gentle pressure. A back-pad heating option is also available for instant relief. Soft recline motion doesn’t strain the back.
Convenient storage pockets on the sides allow secure storage of remotes and other essentials.
- The convenient remote control allows you to change positions without reaching for the controls
- The use of soft faux leather gives a soft-to-touch feel
- High-density sponge filler doesn’t sag with the use
- The wood and metal combination frame makes it feel stable
- Faux leather can make it challenging to maintain
- Construction quality is not the best in the segment
If you need something that soothes your back with massage and heating modes while also staying low on the price tag, this one works well. Despite the light pricing, it looks expensive.
Pulaski 1985-178-125 Power Home Theatre Recliner – Great for the Entertainment Zone
- One outlet and two USB changing plugs are hidden...
- Power Recline to infinite positions with the touch...
- Swivel tray can attach to either arm for easy use...
- PREMIUM faux Leather cover is breathable,...
- Chair dimensions - 38.0" L x 39.5" W x 43.0" H ....
With multiple storage functions and convenient controls, this one makes a refreshing choice for the home theatre.
The power recline function allows inclining the seat to various levels. Full flat sleeping also feels comfortable on this recliner.
The customizable back adjustment makes it cozy for those with a sore back. The swivel tray attaches to the arm, and you can neatly fold it back inside the arm when not in use.
Power outlets for charging and USB ports are all available on the armrest.
- You can move the swivel tray to any of the arms as you like
- Faux leather gives a premium look
- Breathable padding and exteriors prevent excess warmth while sitting for a long time
- Some positions get noisy with the use
- The power recline feature means that you need to place this recliner near a power outlet to access all the features
- It is one of the most expensive options for the features it brings
If you need a back pain recliner for your movie corner, this one comes as the perfect choice. With all the tech that is part of the design, it is an easy choice for movie buffs.
Best Recliners for Back Pain – Buyer’s Guide
Sitting on a recliner is known to give a relaxed feeling. However, not all designers feature similar design features. Therefore, not all of them are good for your back. There are many features on a recliner that makes it suitable for those with back pain.
When there is an adjustment for the back, the leg rest adjustment should also work in sync. This makes sure that your body rests in a posture that is good for the back. Here are some features to look at while buying a recliner –
Lumbar and Spine Support
One design aspect that sets apart back pain recliners from the others is the convenient back support they bring. The contoured and firm backrest provides a comfortable place for the back to rest after a long tiring day.
These carry a generously sized backrest that feels broad enough even for those with a large build. The height of the backrest is such that there is good neck and head support. This can be useful to relieve stiffness in the neck.
Proper lumbar support is another feature that you cannot ignore while choosing the best home chair for lower back pain. This helps improve your posture no matter what leaning mode you select. Finally, you can adjust the footrest to maintain a comfortable position for your legs as well.
Manual vs. Power Recliner
Electric recliners need a power outlet nearby to utilize the features. These come with a strong motor that takes care of the position adjustments. Therefore, you do not have to use too much of your elbow grease.
Also, these deliver accurate position adjustments. However, they tend to be pricier than manual recliners. With manual recliners, spring tension-based adjustments are available. There are simple controls that you can use to alter the inclination. Most of these come with manual closing of the footrest to restore the position when not in use.
Material of Upholstery
This determines how easy it is to maintain the recliner. Sweat spills and other stains are easy to wipe off on leather and faux leather variants. Some suede fabric also offers this convenience. Standard fabric upholstery might make it challenging to maintain. The material used on the outside also determines how soon it shows signs of wear and tear.
You need recliners that are not too soft and not too firm. Gently firm padding is one main addition to any recliner for back pain. This firmness doesn’t strain your back. Instead, it applies light pressure on the pressure points. This can help provide lasting relief from back pain.
Heating, massage options, provision for storage like cup holders and pockets, and electric outlets are other features that are good to have. These add a little more value to the chair.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much should you spend to get a good recliner?
There are some excellent recliners available, even below $200, and some of them can go up to $2000 or more. The budget here is a matter of personal preference. Pick an excellent lumbar and back support design in the budget category that you would like to work in.
Is the massage function a mandatory feature?
Massage and heating are not mandatory. If you do pick a chair with these functions, choose a reliable model to ensure back pain safely. Massage and heating modes require power, and therefore you might have to consider the position of the recliner. The presence of a massage function is useful for those with chronic pains. These can, therefore, make the best chair for back pain sufferers.
Do you need a zero-gravity recliner?
For those looking for comfort without the slightest compromise, zero-gravity recliners are the best choice. These work by smartly distributing the weight of the body to give you a floating feel for deep relaxation. However, these tend to be slightly more expensive than classic recliners.
Should you buy an ottoman?
If your recliner comes with a flexible footrest with plenty of adjustable positions, then a new ottoman might not be necessary. Sometimes you might find a good recliner with the lack of a right footrest as the only downside. During such times, you can pick a fully adjustable ottoman to complement the recliner.
The choice of materials used on the inside and outside all have a role to play in the comfort and durability of the best recliners for back pain.
Homall has a reputation for offering reliable choices and setting new trends in recliners.