Sitting for long hours in an office chair may lead to back pains. Your back needs ample support to overcome this fatigue and pain.
Consequently, you need to have the best lumbar support for an office chair. It will ensure good posture and proper circulation.
Here are the five best lumbar supports for you.
Top Office Chairs For Lower Back Pain
Steelcase Leap Desk Chair – Best for Any Body Shape & Size
Steelcase Desk chair rates as the best desk chair for back pain.
It comes with multiple adjustments, which are crucial for your lower back. As such, this chair will offer you a variety of posture settings.
This chair features a height-adjustable headrest. It also comes with upholstery that perfectly matches the seat material of your chair.
The chair uses patented LiveBack technology. This technology is crucial for universal comfort and support for your lower back.
With this feature, the chair can mimic the shape of the spine. It flexes to support your body fully, thus increasing your productivity.
Besides, the Steelcase Desk chair not only offers the best ergonomic comfort. It also comes in a refined iconic design.
It also features a Natural Glide System. This feature enables you to recline without having to strain your eyes, neck, or arms.
For further comfort enhancement, this chair has highly adjustable arms.
This chair can support a weight of up to 300 pounds without losing its performance. It also offers adjustability and support for bodies of all shapes and sizes.
The chair’s multiple adjustments make this possible. It is no wonder it rates as the best office chair for back pain.
The chair also comes with LiveBack technology. This technology flexes naturally to take the shape of your back.
With this, you get stable support as well as unrestricted movement.
- You can adjust the chair in multiple ways
- It flexes naturally to offer support for bodies of all shapes and sizes
- It comes with a unique design and is well constructed
- It is appropriate for any office setting, and it is very stylish
- It can support a weight of up to 300 pounds without losing its performance
- Its arms are highly adjustable
- It has a natural glide system that allows you to recline without straining your neck or arms
- It has an adjustable headrest
- It is slightly expensive
- You will require extra money to get a headrest if you need one
- Its armrests may not be comfortable enough
- Its foam padding is prone to stains
Duramont Office Chair with Lumbar SupportBest for Multiple Adjustments & Durability
- ★ MORE ADJUSTABLE THEN ANY OTHER CHAIR IN ITS...
- ★ BREATHABLE MESH - The breathable mesh back on...
- ★ FULLY ADJUSTABLE BACK SUPPORT - Having back...
- ★ EASY TO INSTALL - Simple instructions enable...
- ★ HIGHEST QUALITY WITH 5-YEAR WARRANTY - This...
If you have any existing lower back pain, the Duramont Office chair is the best chair for you.
It comes with an ergonomic design and various features. It offers protection for your back from any damage or strain.
One outstanding feature of this chair is its multiple adjustments. You can sit comfortably by adjusting the headrest height and angle. You can also change the lumbar support height and depth.
Other adjustable parts of the chair are the armrest height and the distance from the seat. Also, you can adjust the height of the chair and the backrest tilt. The tilt tension is also adjustable.
Another key feature is the breathable mesh back. The chair not only offers you support but also ensures that your back remains cool.
The mesh allows for aeration. Your back, therefore, remains sweat-free throughout your entire sitting period.
This ergonomic chair also has lumbar support and a recline feature. It is, therefore, ideal for you if you have lower back pain.
With this feature, you can tilt the backrest backward, or you can opt to sit straight. Simply put, you can tilt the chair to the position that is most comfortable for you.
Another key feature is the ease of assembling this chair. With eight simple steps, anyone can mount the chair within a short time. Once built, you can adjust the chair according to your individual needs.
Duramont Office chair has high-quality materials; thus, it can last long. It comes with a soft cushion seat, a sturdy arm, and headrests.
Also, it has roller-blade caster wheels. These wheels facilitate your movement across the floor.
Duramont chair can support a weight of up to 330 LBS.
- Its seat has a thick cushion for extra comfort
- Its mesh back allows aeration, which protects your back from sweating and keeps it cool
- It can support a weight of up to 340 pounds
- It is effortless to mount. It only takes eight simple steps to put it together.
- It comes with a 100% money-back guarantee of up to 90 days.
- It is made from very high-quality materials
- It has a recline feature and lumbar support to help with lower back pain
- It has numerous adjustable parts for added comfort
- The roller-blade wheels are not excellent on carpets, unlike on hard surfaces.
- To adjust the armrests forward or backward, you may need to loosen the screws and reposition them.
- Shorter people may find the seat depth a bit uncomfortable.
The Ergonomic High Back Mesh Office Chair – Best Value for Lower Back Support
- [Lockable Reclining Function] The only lever...
- [Dynamic Lumbar Support] The lumbar support of our...
- [Adjustable 3D Armrests] Skin-friendly shape and...
- [Breathable All Mesh Design] The durable mesh of...
- [Detachable Head Support] Ergonomically designed...
This mesh office chair is a sure deal for long hours of comfort. It comes in a very decent design that makes it very catchy.
Among its features is a breathable mesh material. It helps to keep your body cool and comfortable.
Its lumbar support is of high-density foam. It offers support for the lower back by shaping itself appropriately. You can, therefore, sit comfortably with reduced pressure and pain.
You can also adjust the lumbar support to fit your lower back. This feature allows for a good flow of blood throughout your body.
It also has adjustable neck support. This feature offers cervical support for your upper spine.
Another key features of this chair are its pneumatic controls. You can raise or lower the seat with more ease.
You can also enjoy complete relaxation after work from its rocking mode. Just pull out the handle to begin to rock and pull it to the end.
You can also adjust the headrest up and down. For the backrest, you can adjust it forward and back.
This ergonomic office chair is also easy to install. It comes with all the necessary installation instructions.
This best chair for back pain can support up to 300 pounds. It also comes with a one-year guarantee. During this one year, you can get a free replacement of any of its parts.
- It has numerous adjustable parts for increased comfort
- Its mesh backrest ensures you do not sweat after long hours of sitting
- Its lumbar support can be adjusted to fit your lower back
- It can support up to 300 pounds
- You do not need any tools or expertise to mount it. It comes with easy-to-follow instructions
- It comes with a one-year warranty
- Its armrests do not adjust forwards and backward.
- Tall people may find the headrest a bit uncomfortable since it is a bit low.
Kadirya High Back Leather Chair – Best Unique Design & Utmost Comfort
Kadirya High Back leather chair is among the best desk chairs for back pain. It is stylish, comfortable, and quite imposing.
Its high back and bonded leather design make it suitable for use in your office.
One key feature is that the chair is made of bonded leather. You are, therefore, assured of ultimate comfort in your sitting experience.
The chair also has a high-back design. The design is critical in offering you adequate lumbar support. The design also reduces the pressure exerted on your lower back.
Besides, this chair also takes care of the back part of your legs. Kadirya High Back has soft padding and a waterfall seat edge. These features help reduce pressure on the back of your legs.
Another feature of this chair is the tilt lock and tension control. This feature allows you to lean back and rest as you as often as you want. It has a maximum reclining angle of 120 degrees.
This chair also has a flip-up arms feature. It offers adequate support to your arms and shoulders. With the 360 degrees swivel feature, you can move freely around your office.
Kadirya High Back leather chair can hold a weight of up to 250 lbs. It is very sturdy and very reliable.
After buying the chair, you get an installation video as well as a pair of white gloves as a gift. The chair also comes with a one-year guarantee.
- It is very stylish
- It offers ultimate comfort due to its bonded leather
- It has a high-back design that provides lumbar support
- It allows a maximum reclining of 120 degrees
- It gives adjustable support to arms and shoulders
- It has a one-year guarantee
- Recline lever may not be firm.
Herman Miller Aeron Chair – Best for Free Movement of Your Body
- Your purchase includes One Herman Miller Aeron...
- Chair dimensions: 41" H x 27" W x 16.75" D. Seat...
- Tilt Limiter lets you set the recline range at one...
- Try the Adjustable PostureFit Sacral/Lumbar...
- Fully Adjustable Arms adjust from a height of...
Herman Miller Aeron chair is one the best desk chair for back pain. It came to the market in the 90s, and since then, many customers have given positive reviews.
This office chair has a patented Kinemat tilt mechanism. This feature allows the free movement of your neck, hips, ankles, and shoulders.
Another feature of this chair is the unique breathable Follicle suspension. You do not have to worry about your back sweating after long hours of sitting.
The other fantastic feature is the “waterfall” front edge of the seat. The front edge helps to relieve pressure off your thighs. Your blood can, therefore, flow freely, enhancing alertness.
This chair also has a pioneering PostureFit mechanism. This feature ensures the natural tilting of your pelvis forward.
As your pelvis tilts forward, your spine stays aligned in the correct position. You are, therefore, protected from the effects of back pain.
It is for this reason that this chair is the best desk chair for back pain.
Another crucial feature is the curved backrest. It naturally accommodates your spine and the shape of your body. It also comes in three sizes, making it adjustable for use by anybody.
- It has a unique breathable Fellicle suspension
- It allows you to tilt your neck, hips, ankles, and shoulders freely
- Facilitates the free flow of blood by easing pressure on your thighs
- Allows your pelvis to tilt freely, hence alleviating back pain
- It accommodates your anatomical spine shape
- It is easy to adjust
- Armrests may not adjust very high.
Office chairs come with different features. It is essential to take time and consider the specific ones that you want.
If you have chronic or temporary lower back pain, it is critical to get the right chair.
To get the best desk chair for back pain, you need to pay attention to what is adjustable and what is not. At first glance, many chairs may appear to be the same in terms of tilting.
However, you need to pay special attention to the degree of adjustability.
Here are a few features to consider when choosing the best chair for back pain:
Adjustable Lumbar Support
If you have back pain, do not buy a chair only because it has lumbar support. A good chair for back pain should have height-adjustable lumbar support.
Upper body size varies from one person to another. Also, the part you need to support may be different from that of another person.
Consequently, it is crucial to go for a chair so that you can easily adjust the lumbar support.
A good chair also has an S-shaped backrest. Such a backrest allows your body to move naturally. That way, it takes care of your lower back.
The Ability to Roll
If you have a rolling chair, you will not need to strain your body as you reach out for something. Such a chair will allow you free movement around your office.
Pay special attention to the wheelbase as well as the 360-degree swivel. Also, check whether the chair can glide over a carpeted area or not.
Type of Upholstery Material
Synthetic mesh and leather are the standard office chair materials in the market.
Leather is softer and more stylish than any other material. However, it can get pretty hot after long hours of sitting and is more expensive.
Synthetic mesh, on the other hand, has a breathable back and is more affordable. Nonetheless, soft mesh sags with time, while hard mesh may be a bit rough on your back.
Both materials have incredible benefits as well as limitations. Therefore, the choice of material depends on you.
Analyze your needs and preferences, and then go for the chair that serves you better. Also, ensure that the chair you choose has a sturdy base for proper support.
An office chair for lower back pain needs ample cushioning.
Thin cushions are the leading cause of back pain in users of office chairs. Huge seat pads are also dangerous because they put excess pressure on your hamstrings.
As such, you need to look for a chair that has standard padding. It should be thick, soft, and firm to give you comfort in your back pain.
These YouTube videos have additional information on office chairs for lower back pain.
What should I look for when buying an office chair for lower back pain?
The first feature to look out for in a chair is its supportive ability. It should also have adjustable armrests, backrests, and headrests.
It is also recommendable to look for an S-shape ergonomic chair.
How do office chairs alleviate lower back pain?
Ergonomic chairs for lower back pain have excellent lumbar support. They have contour or cushions that allows you to sit upright.
Doing so alleviates pressure on your lower back, thus reducing pain.
What is the significance of armrests to my back, and how can I use them?
Armrests prevent you from slouching forward in the chair. They also reduce strain on your shoulders and upper spine.
Always adjust the armrests in a way that they lift your arms towards the shoulders.
The discussion above summarizes the five best office chairs for lower back pain. From our research, the top of the list is the Steelcase Leap Desk Chair.
This chair comes with LiveBack technology, which flexes to mimic the shape of your back. It also has multiple adjustment features and posture settings.
The chair has an adjustable headrest and arms. These features work together for the overall comfort and support of your lower back.
With this chair, you can recline with ease without straining your neck, eyes, or arms. Thanks to its in-built Natural Glide System.
Besides these incredible features, the Steelcase Desk has excellent ratings and reviews from customers.