This is a guide on scanning from an HP printer to a computer. You will need a scanner, a computer, and an HP printer. The scanner will be used to scan the document or image that you want to print. The computer will be used to store the scanned document or image. The HP printer will be used to print the document or image.
How do I Scan From my HP printer to My Computer?
- The scanning buttons on most HP printers are the same, so it doesn’t really matter which HP printer you have. The HP software CD must be first installed on your HP computer.
- HP printers offer a wide range of capabilities, including scanning, copying, printing and faxing. The scanners can scan any type of 2D image, even drawings or photographs. After scanning the file, you can send it directly to your desktop computer or another folder on your computer. It doesn’t really matter which HP printer you use, as all HP printers share the same scanning buttons. The HP software CD must be first installed on your computer.
You Will Need To Scan From The HP Printer To Your Computer
Before scanning from your printer, ensure that the full-feature HP program has been enabled. Also, make sure the printer is connected via a USB cable to the computer or the wired or wireless network.
Check that the full-featured software is listed in your computer’s installed programs. If you don’t see your printer name or folder in the list, HP Drivers and Downloads will help you install the appropriate program.
Turn on the printer, then connect it via a USB cable or your wireless or wired network link.
Open the HP software and click on Scanner Actions. Next, click on Manage Scan to Computer. Finally, click Activate.
How To Scan From HP Printer To Computer
1. Scanning with an HP printer (Windows, Mac).
Install the HP Smart App (Windows, Mac).
Set up the HP Smart App and install it on a Windows or macOS computer.
If you’re setting up a printer on Wi-Fi, follow these steps.
- Place the printer and computer next to the Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to your network by turning on Wi-Fi. Temporarily disconnect any Ethernet cable that is being connected to your computer and connect to Wi-Fi during setup.
- Bluetooth can be enabled on your computer to allow HP Smart to detect the printer during the setup.
1. Get the HP Smart app at HP Smart – Microsoft Store (Windows) or HP Smart Mac App Store (macOS).
2. Sign in to Microsoft to use the app across all devices if you are prompted.
3. To access all functions of HP Smart, you will need to create an HP account or sign in to one.
Click on HP Smart to add a printer or click the plus sign to search for the printer. Follow the instructions to complete the setup.
If the printer isn’t found in Wi-Fi settings, turn on Wi-Fi mode again, restart the printer and close the HP Smart. Then, add the printer to the list again.
2. HP Smart scan options
Scan with the HP Smart app (Windows, Mac)
Take photos and documents from the printer to scan, capture them with the camera or use the scanner tools with files stored on the computer.
- Click on the Scan tile to open the HP Smart App home screen.
- Click Get Started if a screen appears to get you started.
- Choose an option from the top menu.
- Scanner: Place your original on the scanner glass or in the automatic document feeder (ADF). Click on the lower right corner to select the type of scan job, size, color and resolution, then click Scan.
- Import: Choose photos from your computer to create a border. Then, use the settings to edit and print and share.
- Camera: A webcam or computer camera is used to capture, edit and print a document or photo.
4. You can change the settings in the Scan window such as page size, scan area, presets (document, phototype), source and destination.
5. To toggle enhancements on or off, click the Auto Enhancements icon.
- Auto-Enhancements: Enhances images and brightens colors automatically
- Auto-Orientation: Rotates images automatically to the correct orientation.
6. Click on Scan.
The preview of the scan is displayed.
7. When the Detect Edges window is open, adjust the boundaries by clicking on and dragging the blue dots and then click Apply.
8. Choose from the following options and settings within the Preview window.
- Click + Add to add another page.
- Drag and drop images to reorder multiple-page scans.
- To edit, replace or delete scanned items, click the Menu icon.
- To rotate the item, click the Rotate icon
9. You can edit or enhance the file in the Edit window by cropping, changing color, rotating or adding filters, text and markup. Click Done to close the window.
10. Choose an option to save the file, print it, share it, or fax it.
- Print: Send the scans to the printer
- Save: For scanned documents, the default save location is the Documents folder. You can save the scan to the default folder or browse to another folder.
- Share the scan: You can send it to an email address, share it via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or cloud storage accounts like Box or OneDrive. Other apps can be found in the Windows and Mac stores.
- Shortcuts: Use an existing shortcut to print, email, or save scanned files to your cloud account.
- Fax: Send the scan via fax.
11. Change the file name, type and compression settings in the Save or Share window and click Save.
12. Save the scan by clicking OK. Next, click the Back button and return to the home screen.
3. Use an HP printer to scan (Android, iOS).
To capture photos and documents, you can either set up scan jobs on your printer or use a smartphone camera.
- If you’re setting up a wireless network, place the printer close to the Wi-Fi router.
- After you have completed this, turn on your printer.
- Get the HP Smart App from 123.hp.com.
- To access all functions of HP Smart, you will need to create an HP account or sign in to one.
- To locate your printer during setup, turn on Bluetooth.
- To set up your printer, open the app.
- Follow the instructions to set up the printer if it is located.
- To add a printer to the app or if the printer doesn’t display, click on the plus sign + and follow the steps to add the printer. and then click the plus sign to display the printer or add it to the app. Follow the steps to add the printer.
4. HP Smart scan options
Scan with the HP Smart app (Android, Apple iOS)
The HP Smart app for Android and iOS allows you to save, share, or send scanned documents.
- Use the HP Smart app (Android or Apple iOS) to scan with your HP Smart app
- You can scan documents and photos to the printer or take pictures with your phone or tablet.
1. Choose one of these scan tiles from the HP Smart App home screen.
- Printer Scan: Take the original and place it on the scanner glass or in the ADF. Tap the Settings icon in Android to choose the input source, resolution and color. Then, click Close. Tap the dropdown in iOS to choose the paper size, quality and color. Then, tap Done.
- Camera Scan: Takes a picture or document with your phone or tablet and saves it to your computer. You can then edit, print or share it.
2. To toggle enhancement features on/off, tap the Preferences icon and then tap Done.
3. To start the scan, select a preset option and tap Scan.
4. Tap Auto if the Adjust Boundaries screen or Detect Edges screen appears. Or, manually adjust the boundaries manually by tapping and moving blue dots and then tap Next.
5. Choose from the following options and settings within the Preview window.
- Tap + Add to add another page
- To reorder multiple-page scans, tap and drag the images.
- To edit, replace or delete scanned items, tap the Menu icon.
- To rotate the item, tap the Rotate icon.
- Choose the file type to save, Basic PDF or Image.
6. You can edit the file in the Edit window by rotating the view, cropping, changing color or adding filters. Then, tap Done.
7. Choose an option to save the file, print it, share it, or fax it.
- Print: Send a scanner to the printer.
- Save: For scanned documents, the default save location is the Documents folder. You can save a scan to the default folder or browse to another folder.
- Share: You can send a scan to an email, share it via Twitter, Facebook or Instagram, and you can also save the scan to a cloud storage account such as Box or OneDrive. You can also search for other apps on the Windows Store.
- Shortcuts: Use an existing shortcut to print, email, or save scanned files to your cloud account.
- Fax: Send a scan by fax
8. To return to the home screen, tap the back button after saving the scan.
What is the HP Printer Scan button?
Although the HP Printer does not have a scan button, you can scan documents or images by selecting “Scan Picture” or “Scan Document” from the linked printer software that is installed on your computer device. Let’s get started scanning a page from an HP printer. Follow the steps below to scan a document from your HP printer or a photo from your HP printer to your computer:
- To install the HP Search and Capture app on your smartphone, visit the official HP website.
- Double-click the file downloaded to install it on your computer.
- Wait for the installation process to finish. Once it is complete, launch the app.
- You will now need to power on the HP printer and then place the plain paper in the input tray.
- Make sure that the ink cartridge is properly mounted.
- In the next step, you will need to place the page that you want to scan on the scanner glass.
- You will now need to launch “HP Scan and Capture” app.
- Open the Settings option and click “Select Device.” Next, select the HP printer you wish to use.
- You can make any changes to settings by clicking the “document scan” or “photo scan” options.
- Wait until the scanning is complete, then click the “Close” button.
- Click the “Save As” button to save the item in the desired folder.
- How To Reset HP Printer? Top Full Options 
- How to Change Ink In HP Printer 2022 Top Full Guide
1. How can I scan directly from my printer to my computer?
In Windows, select Start > Scan> Settings> Devices> Printers and Scanners>. Next, select Manage > Scanner> Open scanner > Scanning . Go to Apple Menu > System Preferences> Printers & scanners on a Mac. Select a printer, then select Scan > Open Scanner > Scan
2. Why can’t I scan my HP printer to my computer from my HP printer?
Open HP Print and Scan Troubleshooter
Check that the printer is connected to your computer or desktop. To download the troubleshooter, click HP Print and Scan Doctor from the HP Customer Support Page. To open the software’s window, click HPPSdr.exe. Select the printer that won’t scan by clicking Start.
3. How can I scan an HP printer into a PDF?
To access the PDF option of your scanner, click “Scan Settings”, then “Scan Settings & Preferences”, then “Scan Document Settings”. Click the “Save to File” button next to “Scan To:” Click the “Save to File” button next to the “File Type:” option and click “PDF (*). Pdf).”
After following the instructions in this article, you can search for photos and documents with “HP Search and Capture. If you have trouble scanning documents or images, you can call the HP Support Assistant via an online number. Alternatively, you can download the HP Printer Assistant driver to help you.
Manymoon hopes this article will be useful for you. Thank you for taking the time to read!