If you’ve ever wanted to scan a document without downloading any additional software, you’re in luck. Neat’s scanner can be used without extra Software, as long as you have a computer with a USB port. Here’s a quick guide on how to use Neat scanner without software.
How To Use Neat Scanner Without Software?
Neat scanners are compatible with both Windows and Mac OS X. They can scan many types of documents and then load them into the Neat server. The scanner must be purchased and the subscription for the Software to function correctly. You can use the scanner with or without its Software. We can show you how to do this by purchasing a subscription. Let’s talk about how to use the Neat scanner without the Software.
1. Windows Fax and Scan Utility
Any software compatible with TWAIN can be used directly with Neat scanners. This means that third-party software can also be used to run Neat scanners. For Neat operation, Windows Fax and Scan Utility can be used. Here are the steps:
- First, you need to open Windows Fax and Scan Utility on your system. All Windows OS devices have this program built-in. You can access it by typing Windows Fax + Scan in the Windows search bar. It can also be found by clicking the “Start” button, then clicking the Windows Fax or Scan tab.
- When scanning documents into the Windows Fax & Scan Utility folder, you have two choices or into the Documents Folder. You can choose the option that suits you best.
- Click on the “Tools” button. You will see two options: “Scan settings” and “Scan routing“. To edit settings and set the scanner profile, select ‘Scan settings.
- The available scan profiles will be displayed in a new window. Select the shape that best suits your needs for the scanner model from the window.
- Other changes can be made here, such as changing the resolution or selecting the right color – black, white or other – and you can even change both the extension and the type of final scan. After making all necessary connections, click on “Save the profile“.
- Once you are ready to scan any document in its entirety, click on the “New Scan” button at the top of the window.
- After scanning, you can modify the image. You can also rotate the image in a particular direction by right-clicking on the image and selecting the “first option” view. There are two buttons below the image that you can use to alter the direction of the image.
- Once you are satisfied with the result and have modified it completely, click on the “File tab” and then click on the “Exit“.
You can scan a document using the Neat scanner on Windows. Once it is scanned, you will find it in your destination folder.
2. Use The Scanner on the Mac Platform
On the Mac platform, the way you can scan on the Neat scanner is slightly different. Although the commands and programs may vary, you can expect that all documents will be scanned according to your requirements. These are the steps that will make it possible.
- First, close all Neat Software. Click on the close button, or go to Neat Software and select “Quit Neat“.
- Tap on the spotlight icon in the upper right corner of the screen. This is the default search option on Mac. Type “Image capture” in the box and hit the Enter key to start the search process.
- Once the Image Capture page has opened, select the Neat scanner you want to use from the Devices menu. It will appear on the left-hand side of your browser. Click on the “Show Detail” option to view and edit the options or other options.
- Click on “Scan to” and select the location you want for your saved scan.
- Select the “Format” tab to set the type or format for your scanned images.
- Next, place the document in the scanner and then enter scan mode.
- The document will be saved to your location and scanned in your preferred format.
3. NAPS2 Software for Windows Platform
Neat recommends using NAPS2 (Not Another PDF Scanner 2) software instead of the associated program to scan documents. Neat scanners can be used with TWAIN-compliant Software. The NAPS2 Software is also compatible. Here are the steps:
- First, you’ll need to install the driver for your Neat scanner model.
- You will need to set NeatConnect’s scan destination to a computer if you use NeatConnect. Swipe until the touch screen displays “Computer“.
- Download the latest version of the NAPS2 program from the URL: https://www.naps2.com/. You can update an older version of NAPS2 if you already have it.
- NAPS2 is open. To create a Scanner profile, you will need to do so. To do this, click on the drop-down menu at the Scan button and then click on “New profile“.
- In the Profile Settings dialog box, select the TWAIN driver button.
- Next, click on the “Choose Device” tab. The dialog box “Select Source” will then open.
- Select your Neat scanner model using the options.
- You can also choose the settings that you require. You can select “Paper Source” from NeatConnect or Neat Desktop Scanners to scan single-sided documents and Duplex for double-sided documents.
- You can also select resolution, page size, brightness, contrast, and other related factors.
- Once you’ve filled in all the required information, click “OK” and save this profile.
- You can return to your profile settings by selecting “Profiles“, then ‘Edit’ to make any changes.
- The Neat scanner is now ready to scan. The documents can be loaded into the scanner by clicking on the “Scan” button at the top of the NAPS2 program.
- After the scan is complete, you can choose to save the file as a PDF or an image.
Different Types of Neat Scanner Software and Their Purpose
Neat Receipt Scanners
The scanner can be easily moved from one location to the next. You can scan receipts, business cards, or documents through it. The Neat Receipt is small and lightweight to be carried in a briefcase, bag, or suitcase. You don’t even need AC power. Connect the USB cable to your device, and you are good to go.
Neat Desk Software
This scanner can scan at least 24 pages, receipts and business cards per minute. Neat Desk Software can scan 50 pages simultaneously to generate digital copies from your paper records quickly.
Neat Connect is a wireless network that eliminates using a computer or cable. Neat Software allows you to submit items, create reports, edit details and share files anywhere. You can scan directly to Neat Cloud Service using the built-in touch screen menu.
Take a look at our post to get more valuable information about the scanner: What is a Scanner? Is a scanner input or output?
Can I Still Use My Neat Scanner Without A Subscription?
You can use the retired Neat version if you are already using it. You don’t need to pay a subscription fee to use retired Neat versions. The installation link for the retired desktop software is no longer available.
Can Neat Scanner Scan Photos?
A desktop program can be used to scan documents using a Neat scanner. This Software can scan various business papers such as invoices, receipts and business cards. The Neat mobile app allows you to take a picture of your receipt and easily exchange it on the right platform.
Is The Neat Scanner Worth Buying?
The scanner can be a great gadget for a short period. However, it is expensive and takes up too much time reading paper. You cannot contact tech support via the phone as they are not available.
How Can I Add a Neat Scanner to My Computer?
Log in using your Neat credentials to access your existing subscription and choose “Scan To Neat” as your destination.
Install Neat Scan Utility on the Desktop
- To download the file, please click on one of the links below.
- The indicator of installation progress will be displayed.
- The installation is complete.
What Is The Most Significant Concern for Neat Scanner?
Although the Neat scanner is practical and functional, it can take longer to scan documents than other scanners. The company no longer provides technical support after several Neat products have been discontinued. If your scanner has problems, you cannot contact support. This is the primary concern for scanner users.
It is not complicated if you follow our guide to using a neat scanner without Software. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us. We’re glad to hear from you. Thank you for reading.