Whether you’re using a chainsaw or any other outdoor equipment and you need an extension cord, getting the right one is a bit harder than you think. Sure, if you go online you’ll find that there are so many places you can buy extension cords from that you may ask yourself why you should read a guide about it. After all, you’re buying an extension cord, not a computer or something that requires a lot of information about its components, specs, etc.
Well, the thing is that extension cords are not all made equal and there are many lemons out there. Some of them are also very dangerous and when using them you risk damaging your equipment or worse.
Best Extension Cords in 2024
To make this easier for you, we’ve reviewed the top ten best extension cords you can buy right now. Be sure to check out our reviews below and see which one meets your needs. Here we go!
Cablelera Power Cord Extension and Splitter
- Thick 16AWG cable is fully molded and durable.
- Creates an additional NEMA 5-15R outlet.
- 14" Black color
If you’re not the type who wants to buy a top of the line extension cord, then you may want to check out the Cablelera extension cord with splitter. As you can tell by the name, this is a multipurpose cord that you can easily use to extend a power connection and split 1 outlet into 2. This 16 AWG cable is not only very durable, but also completely molded.
Whether you need to get a new cable because your old one broke or you just need it as an extra, then this cable will certainly meet your needs. It’s durable, well made, and also properly priced.
- Fourteen inch black color cable.
- Great price for the quality.
- Very durable and fully molded.
- The cable does indeed work as stated in the description, but the sockets are very loose.
RiteAV Six Feet Power Extension Cord
- NEMA 5-15P to NEMA 5-15R 6 Feet
- Heavy Duty Outer Jacket
- Special Outdoor Jacket
This six feet black extension cord can be used both indoors and outdoors. If you want, then you may also be able to use it as a rope from time to time since it’s very well made and highly resistant to tensile forces. Furthermore, it’s made with a heavy duty outlet jacket, it’s a 16AWG cable, and it performs as advertised.
If you need to get a high quality cable that you can use both indoors and outdoors, then look no further than the RiteAV six foot cable. It’s well made, affordable, and very rugged.
- Made with a special outdoor jacket for extra durability.
- Can be used as a rope from time to time.
- Very affordable.
- Someone who got this cable said that even though it’s advertised for outdoor use, the tag on it said otherwise.
Lighted Foot Switch with 9 Ft 3 Outlet Cord
- Convienient: This Extension Cable Comes With An...
- Features: This Extension Cable Has A 9 Ft Power...
- Voltage: Our Multi-Outlet Extension Cord Voltage...
- Multiple Uses: Use Our Extension Cord With Switch...
- 100% Money Back Guarantee: We Are Confident That...
The Lighted Foot cable is a cable that features a switch in the middle and also a red button that you can press to turn it off and on. The cable also has two lights, with one of them indicating when the cable is connected to an outlet and the other when you power it on. The cable is great if you want to use it to power small funs, light bulbs, and similar electronics. Also, it’s important to note that this is a three outlet power cord.
If you don’t need to plug this cord into powerful and power hungry machinery, you’ll certainly love it. Not only is it properly priced, but it’s also lightweight and quite rugged.
- Three outlet power cord.
- Great for powering electronics such as light bulbs, small fans, radios, etc.
- Comes with two LED lights that indicates when power is on and when a device is connected to it.
- Someone who got this said that it’s rather small so he cannot fully insert the plugs into it.
Master Electrician 02306ME 15-Feet Round Vinyl Extension Cord
This fifteen foot extension cord is not only high quality, but it’s also very durable and features tight connections without any cheap plastic tabs hanging around. You can also use it not only for indoor, but also for outdoor purposes and have the peace of mind it won’t break. If you want, you can also leave it outside even in bad weather and use it the next day with no issues whatsoever. The cable is one hundred and twenty five volts and is capable of 13A.
No matter if you want to use it indoors or outdoors, the Master Electrician 02306ME cable is certainly going to perform excellently. Highly recommended!
- Can withstand being left out and used in bad weather.
- Can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- Someone who got this cable said that after a few weeks of using it his outside lights started tripping his GFI button.
FIRMERST Outdoor Extension Cord with 3 Outlets
- 【1-Foot Short tidy Extension Cord】: 3 outlets,...
- 【Lighted Outlet】: The lighted end that shows...
- 【For Outdoor & Indoor Use】: Easily plug in...
- 【Heavy Duty】: 14 AWG extension cords are safer...
- 【Safety & Guarantee】: UL listed, 1-year...
To distribute power to additional outlets, using this cable is highly recommended for a number of reasons. First of all, it comes with reinforced blades which are excellent if you want to prevent accident breaking or bending. Unlike other cable son our list, this one comes with vinyl jackets which not only resist abrasion, but also moisture and can effectively prolong the cable’s lifespan since it protects it from exposure to sunlight. The cable also meets OSHA requirements, it’s ETL, CUL, and UL listed. It has a rating of 13A at one hundred and twenty five volts.
If you want to get your hands on a high quality cable that is flexible and also rugged, then this is it. On top of that, it’s also ETL, CUL, and UL listed. How great is that?
- Meets OSHA requirements, it’s ETL, CUL, and UL listed.
- Comes with three extra outlets for power distribution.
- Very flexible.
- Plugging other cables into the three sockets is a bit of a challenge.
Aurum Cables 3-Feet 3 Outlet Extension Cord
- 16-gauge, 3 conductor wire, indoor outdoor power...
- Provides up to 3 additional outlets for power...
- Accessory loop for hanging or wall mounting for...
- Flat Plug Extension Cord, with a space saving...
- Convenient three pack (Black White Brown) to have...
Outdoor and home improvement projects will never be the same once you start using the Aurum cable. This model provides you with three extra outlets for power distribution and therefore makes it a lot easier for you to use more machinery at the same time to get the job done faster and more effectively. This is a sixteen gauge cable that consists of 3 prongs, grounded for safety which an accessory loop that allows you to wall mount it or hang it for convenience. Thanks to the fact that it comes with vinyl jackets, it’s weather-resistant and can easily withstand the effects of UV exposure.
Getting a high quality cable is not longer an issue once you try the Aurum Cables. These cables are very well known for their performance, durability, but also UV protection. Highly recommended!
- Comes with vinyl jackets that protect the cable from the negative effects of UV exposure.
- Very rugged and well made.
- Sixteen gauge cable.
- Space saving design.
- A buyer who got this cable said that he ordered ten of them and got six cables that were bad.
US Wire 74025 SJTW Heavy Duty Extension Cord
- Heavy Duty
- Made in the USA or China
- Lighted Plugs
- 15 Amp
- Lifetime Limited Warranty
The US Wire 74025 SJTW is a heavy-duty cable that features individually insulated conducts surrounded by an external jacket and comes with solid molded plugs as well. What’s great about the outer jacket is that it won’t mar walls or floors and it’s also resistant to the negative effects of exposure to sunlight, moisture, and abrasion. The cord is also very flexible and it’s excellent for contractors. In fact, if you want, then you can also use it at temperatures of up to minus thirty-five degrees Fahrenheit and still enjoy excellent performance. The cable is rated at 15A and one hundred and twenty-five V for a maximum of one 1875W.
If you don’t want to get a cheap cable that will maybe go bad after just a few weeks of using it, then the US Wire 74025 SJTW is the right choice to consider. This cable is light, flexible, but also appropriately priced.
- Lifetime warranty.
- Rated for fifteen Amps, at one hundred and twenty five volts.
- Very light and flexible.
- One of the buyers who got this cable said that his went bad after a few months of heavy use.
Iron Forge Cable Outdoor Lighted Extension Cord
- MULTIPURPOSE EXTENSION CABLE - This electric cord...
- MORE VISIBILITY, SAFER WORK SITE - This heavy-duty...
- REINFORCED BLADES - Protect prongs from bending or...
- FLEXIBLE AND WEATHERPROOF - This extension cord is...
- LIFETIME REPLACEMENT WARRANTY: Iron Forge Cable...
The Iron Forge twenty-five-foot extension cord is perfect for all your outdoor and indoor electrical needs. This model uses heavy-duty twelve gauge wires that can easily handle a wide range of power equipment. Even better, the cable is CETL and ETL certified and given the fact that it’s twenty-five feet long, it gives you excellent reach across your home or garden.
What makes this cable such a great choice is the fact that it’s designed for outdoor use and it can easily withstand exposure to sunlight, moisture, and abrasion. Since it comes with reinforced blades, you can rest assured that the prongs are properly protected from breaking and gauging. The cable is rated for 1625W, at fifteen amps and one hundred and twenty-five volts. The cable is also CETL and ETL listed.
Whether you’re someone who uses heavy machinery or does home improvement projects, this cable is certainly the choice to make for reliability and durability. Highly recommended!
- CETL and ETL listed.
- Withstands exposure to sunlight, moisture, and abrasion.
- Lifetime replacement warranty.
- The cable is great and works flawlessly, but it is indeed a bit more expensive than others on the list.
Iron Forge Cable Outdoor Lighted Extension Cord, 50ft
- ALL PURPOSE EXTENSION CORD for Indoor and Outdoor...
- WATER RESISTANT: Flexible vinyl covering protects...
- REINFORCED BLADES protect prongs from bending or...
- LIGHTED SOCKET - The female end of the cord lights...
- 12 GAUGE HEAVY DUTY wire, 15 amp, 125 volt, 1875...
For all your outdoor and indoor electrical needs, this cable is the perfect choice to consider if you don’t want to worry about the reliable and proper operation. The Iron Forge is made of twelve gauges heavy duty wire and can easily handle everything from everyday appliances to power equipment. No matter if you want to power an electric drill, a weed whacker, a pressure washer or maybe a lawn more or leaf blower, this cable is excellent for each of the aforementioned tasks. Better yet, the cable comes in yellow, meaning that it’s highly visible which greatly improves safety. If you take a look at the plug, you’ll also notice that it offers reinforced prongs that will not break or bend when you use them. For peace of mind, this cable comes with a lifetime warranty.
Whether you want to power a weed whacker, a pressure washer or maybe a lawn more or leaf blower, you’ll be pleasantly surprised to know that this cable can be easily used for all of the above. On top of that, it’s highly visible given its yellow color which greatly improves safety.
- Can be used for any kind of indoor and outdoor work.
- 15A, one hundred and twenty five Volts, 1625W cable.
- CETL and ETL listed.
- Lifetime warranty.
- The cable seems to carry a current.
US Wire 65050 Fifty Foot SJTW range Extension Cord (Heavy Duty)
- Heavy Duty 12 Gauge
- Made in the USA or China
- 15 Amp
- Medium Flexibility
- Lifetime Limited Warranty
Constructed with molded-on plugs and double insulation, the outdoor and indoor US Wire 65050 extension cord is the ideal cable for anyone who is looking for reliability, flexibility, and heavy-duty build quality. One thing you’ll love about it despite its performance is that the outer jacket won’t mar walls or floors. Furthermore, the cable is resistant to the negative effects of exposure to sunlight, moisture, and abrasion. The cable carries a lifetime warranty, has medium flexibility, and it’s rated for 15A.
Regardless of the type of job you want to complete, you can rest assured that this cable is up to the mark to help you with it. It’s a bit flexible, heavy-duty, and can easily withstand the negative effects of the weather, sunlight, and moisture. You’d be hard-pressed to find a better cable that offers this kind of performance for such a great price.
- Heavy duty 15A cable.
- Medium flexibility.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty.
- If you’re unlucky, then you may get a cable where the female connector isn’t properly connected.
Buying the right extension cords is not something that you may have to do too often, but only if you buy a good one from the very beginning. This list reviewed the top ten extension cables you can currently get based on build quality, length, and performance. Prior to ordering yours, be sure to read it carefully and then place your order. Good luck!