If you’re trying to print a document and your driver is unavailable printer, you may be wondering what to do. Don’t worry – there are a few things you can try to get your printer up and running again.
Maybe you’re using an unsupported operating system, or maybe your printer is too old and doesn’t have a driver for your current operating system. Whatever the reason, you’ll need to find a new printer if you want to print anything.
What Does it Mean When Driver is Unavailable on Printer?
A printer driver not being accessible means what exactly? In most cases, this signifies that your printer’s drivers are preventing it from operating properly with your computer. Driver software installed on Windows may display this error message.
In most cases, this issue is caused by a defective printer driver, a lack of up-to-date Windows updates, or an outdated printer. The most typical reasons for this issue, on the other hand, are damaged or mismatched printer drivers.
What Is a Printer Driver?
First, let’s define what a printer driver is and how to get rid of the Printer Driver Is Unavailable Error in Windows 10. It’s only a little software that connects your computer to the printer.
For the most part, it fulfills two primary purposes as an intermediary between your computer and printer, the first acts as an interpreter of the printer’s hardware specs and information. The driver is responsible for converting the print job data into signals that the printer can read for the second time.
Drivers for certain operating systems, such as Windows 10, are specifically tailored for specific printers. It is possible that your printer is not correctly set up or that you have loaded the wrong device driver.
However, certain printer models can utilize Windows 10’s pre-installed generic drivers. This eliminates third-party printer drivers, allowing you to print directly from your computer. As a result, you may not be able to use all of your printer’s features to their maximum potential.
What to Do to Fix the Driver Is Unavailable Printer
You’ll get nothing when you attempt to print a document you’ve just downloaded or entered on your computer. There is a problem with your printer if it stops operating and you see a Printer Driver Is Unavailable error message on your screen. To repair this problem on Windows 10, there are three methods to do so:
1. Run the Windows Update Tool
The Printer Driver Is Unavailable problem may appear on your Windows 10 computer if you have an out-of-date operating system. Because of this, you should install all Windows updates as soon as they are released. This will help you get printing working again, but it will also help keep your computer safe and secure in general. To use Windows Update, follow these steps:
- Go to the bottom-right corner of your screen and choose the Start button.
- The Settings icon may be clicked.
- Update and Security are your best bet.
- If Windows discovers an update, it will download and install it.
- Upon completion of the update, reboot your computer.
Try printing again when your PC has restarted to see whether the problem has been resolved.
2. Manually Update Your Printer Drivers
After a Windows update, you should check whether your printer drivers have been updated. Visit the printer manufacturer’s website to confirm if Windows 10 is compatible with the equipment. The manufacturer’s Support area is a typical location for driver downloads.
Download the most recent stable version if your device is supported. Double-click the installer to begin the process of installing the updated driver. However, it’s possible that your printer can only be set up manually. If you follow the methods outlined below, you can do this:
- Start the Control Panel by clicking on the Start button.
- Select the Small Icons view in the upper right-hand corner of the box and then click on Device Manager.
- Locate the printer you want to install drivers for in the Device Manager window. A yellow exclamation mark next to a printer’s name indicates that the printer’s drivers are either missing, corrupt, or obsolete.
- Right-click the printer’s name to bring up the context menu and choose Update Driver Software.
- There are two alternatives shown in a new window. Select the “Search for updated driver software” option to install the newest printer drivers. Follow the wizard’s prompts if you haven’t previously done so. You should choose “Browse my computer for driver software” instead if you have already downloaded the drivers from the manufacturer’s support site.
3. Automatically Update Your Printer Drivers
Using the steps outlined above, you may locate and manually install printer drivers from the manufacturer’s website. If this is your first time, you should know that this is a time-consuming and complicated endeavor. You might also render your computer inoperable if you mistake or install the incorrect printer drivers.
To make the process simpler and eliminate all the guesswork, it is advised that you utilize a specialist driver search and updating program like Driver Support. If your printer is malfunctioning, such a tool will detect the problem and provide remedies.
Install the Latest Drivers manually
The next step is to manually update the printer drivers, which we will do if the first doesn’t. Even if the printer was previously operating well, a Windows upgrade might break it. It is possible that Windows’ upgraded drivers may not operate on all computers.
When it came to HP printers, this was especially true. To get around this problem, you may disable Windows update and manually download and install the latest version of the specified driver from the manufacturer’s website.
The manufacturer’s website should be the first place you visit to obtain the drivers for your particular device.
1. Type “devmgmt. msc” into the Run dialogue box by pressing Windows + R and then pressing Enter. This will open the device manager on your PC.
2. Right-click on your printer device and pick “Update driver” from the “Print queues” sub-menu.
3. Now, Windows will ask you which method you want to update your driver, and you may choose the one that works best for you. Next, choose to Browse my computer for driver software from the second drop-down menu.
When the browse button opens, choose the driver file you downloaded and update it.
The printer may not appear in the device manager in certain circumstances. Launch the installer to begin the process, and the driver will be installed for you.
4. Finally, check to see whether the printer is functioning correctly. For those experiencing this issue, you may go to Microsoft’s official website and download the package “wushowhide.diagcab”.
5. Run the program and click on Next.
6. Select Hide updates from the drop-down menu that appears.
7. Then, if necessary, choose a printer update and press Next. Because of this, Windows Update will no longer automatically update the printer drivers unless you explicitly instruct it to do so.
Some relevant posts:
- How Much Is A 3D Printer? Top Full Answer Here! 
- How To Find WPS Pin For Printer? Top Full Guide 2022
- What Is A Sublimation Printer And How Does It Work? Top Full Guide 2022
How do I reinstall my printer driver?
In Device Manager, update your driver.
- Open Device Manager by pressing the Windows key and then searching for it.
- Using the list of available printers, choose the printer that you’ve already connected.
- Right-click on the device and choose Update driver or Update driver software from the context menu that appears.
- To get the most up-to-date driver software, click the Search button.
How do I restore a printer in Windows 10?
You may be able to restore the file by performing a right-click and then navigating to the restore option in the context menu. Another approach is to open the Control Panel and look for a solution. The printer you requested should still be in place. Check to see if your printer has a reinstall option.
There are many benefits to fixing a driver is, the unavailable printer. Perhaps the most obvious benefit is that it can save you money. If you don’t have to purchase a new printer, you’ll save money. In addition, fixing a driver is unavailable printer can save you time. If you don’t have to go through setting up a new printer, you’ll be able to get back to using your printer much faster.